Budget Matters 2014
Thank you to all who attended Budget Matters 2014, our third annual policy conference at the Washington State Convention Center.
The Budget & Policy Center joined advocates, policy experts, legislators, members of the media, community activists and students to reshape the debate on policy priorities for Washington state.
If you missed out or want to relive some of the highlights, watch the video below.
- Revenue Reforms We Need to Build a Better Future for All Washingtonians (PDF), Andy Nicholas, Senior Fiscal Analyst, Washington State Budget & Policy Center
- Minimum Wage Updates 2014 (PowerPoint), Lori Pfingst, Research and Policy Director, Washington State Budget & Policy Center
- Advancing Racial Equity, Addressing Income Inequality & Climate Change in California (PowerPoint), Alvaro S. Sanchez, Program Manager, The Greenlining Institute
- Two Generations, One Future: Reigniting a Movement to End Poverty (PDF), Marjorie R. Sims, Managing Director, Ascend at the Aspen Institute
- Seattle Weekly: "As a Budget Battle Looms, Can the State Clean Up Its Fiscal Mess?" (December 16)
- Crosscut: "Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely." (December 16)
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer: "Inslee warns of 'malarkey' and 'assault by polluting industries.'" (December 12)
- Seattle Times: "Inslee says if polluters were charged, state would benefit." (December 12)
Thank you to our sponsors!
Budget Matters 2014 would not have been possible without the generous support from our sponsors.