Community Forum: What Women Want
Our first community forum on May 8th was a great success, with more than 100 people in attendance.
"What Women Want: Jobs, Education, and Healthcare" explored the impact of the recession on women and the economy.
The forum was based on our policy brief Women, Work, and Washington's Economy: How State Budget Cuts are Hurting All Three.
• Lori Pfingst, our Senior Policy Analyst
• Marilyn Watkins, Policy Director, Economic Opportunity Institute
• Dana Laurent, Political Director of Planned Parenthood Votes Northwest
• Diane Narasaki, Executive Director of Asian Counseling & Referral Service
• David Ward, Legal and Legislative Counsel at Legal Voice
The discussion was moderated by Erica Barnett from PubliCola.
Thanks to our co-sponsors: