Fair pay for hard work is the cornerstone of a strong economy. For too long, workers have not received their fair share of the economic activity they help generate. In spite of being one of the most productive economies in the world, wages and income for Washington state’s workers have stagnated, while companies have posted record profits and the stock market is at all-time highs. This is not a sustainable model for a strong middle class. Only when everyone benefits from growth will our economy fully thrive. An increase in the minimum wage is one important step toward reversing these damaging trends.
- Three Reasons to Raise the Minimum Wage (infographic)
- Minimum Wage FAQ (factsheet)
- Spin Aside, CBO Report Favorable to Increasing Minimum Wage (blog)
- Legislative Testimony on Minimum Wage Increase (testimony)
- Minimum Wage Increase Right for our Economy (blog)
- A Minimum Wage Increase Would Benefit Over Half a Million Workers in Washington State (blog and infographic)