Washington state’s investments should:
- Provide opportunity for all. Opportunities that most Washingtonians need to prosper—access to high-quality education, health care, transportation, clean environment, and work supports—are cost-effective and improve long-term outcomes for families, communities, and the economy.
- Create better jobs. A thriving middle class is dependent on having enough jobs that allow Washingtonians to get ahead, and policies that reward workers for their productivity. In addition, jobs that maintain our physical infrastructure (construction and maintenance on schools, roads, bridges, transportation) and build knowledge and skills (teachers, job trainers, social workers) strengthen the foundation of a strong economy.
When more people have a chance to reach their full potential and enough economic security to make investments in their future, our economy will grow.
- Final Budget: Hits and Misses (blog)
- New House Budget Nixes Best Plan for Sustainable, Equitable Revenue (blog)
- Senate Budget Still Scraping By, Not Considering Long View (blog)
- Legislators Still Have Time to Advance Racial Equity This Year (blog)