Healthy People & Environment
A healthy population is essential to a prosperous future for Washington state. A healthy workforce is critical to compete in the global economy and healthy kids learn better in school. Wise investments in a high-quality healthcare system, as well as investments in clean air, water, and land protect public health and enhance quality of life for everyone.
- Progress In Focus: Protecting the Health of Washingtonians (blog)
- Progress in Focus: Moving Toward a Healthier Environment (blog)
- Governor’s Carbon Pollution Proposal Ensures All Washingtonians Would Prosper In Low-Carbon Future (blog)
- Washington State Lawmakers Smart to Embrace Affordable Care Act (blog)
- The Power of Public Investment in Health Care (blog)
- Four Reasons Why Medicaid Expansion is a Good Idea (infographic)
- May 19, 2009 - The Budget and Policy Center is releasing a new policy brief today on a federal climate rebate proposal.
- February, 2006 - Changes in the Medicaid program are the most significant in the budget agreement.
- February, 2006 - This brief describes fiscal and policy changes to other key areas included in the budget agreement.