We need long-term structural reform to fuel economic recovery and stabilize Washington state’s public resources. A tax on some of the profits from the sale of corporate stocks, bonds, and other high-end financial assets would bolster health care, education, and other investments proven to build a strong economy.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Capital Gains
- Capital Gains Tax Infographic
- A Capital Reform: Using Capital Gains to Fuel Job Creation and Economic Prosperity in Washington State (policy brief)
- Analysis: Why a Capital Gains Tax Would Be a Legal Excise Tax Under Washington State Law (a legal memorandum by UW Professor of Law Hugh Spitzer)
- Bloomberg Business (PDF): "Proposed Washington Capital Gains Tax Faces Battle in Republican-Controlled Senate."