Help build a more just and equitable Washington state.
Join our Board of Directors.
The Washington State Budget & Policy Center is a nonpartisan research organization that promotes common-sense policies to advance the well-being of Washingtonians. Through sound research, strategic communications, and broad community partnerships, we push for public investments in the building blocks of a strong economy–including excellent schools, living-wage jobs, and healthy communities.
In the midst of the COVID-19 public health crisis, the Budget & Policy Center is working on a proactive policy agenda to fund economic stimulus and preserve public services, as much more is needed to support people’s economic security and well-being in the coming months and years.
The board of directors is seeking new members who are:
- Passionate about the Budget & Policy Center’s mission of advancing the well-being of Washington communities and improving the economic security and social opportunity of all in the state;
- Excited to join a dynamic team with a collaborative, transparent, and inclusive organizational culture;
- Committed to integrating racial equity in policy decisions;
- Willing to help with fundraising and to build a culture of philanthropy; and
- Ready to engage in this important work.
We are especially interested in candidates who:
- Are Washingtonians living outside the Puget Sound area;
- Come from diverse backgrounds, particularly from communities historically marginalized in state budget decisions (e.g. immigrant, disabled, lived experience of living in poverty, foster care, etc.); and/or
- Have business experience or strong financial expertise.
Board members from outside the region or who have transportation or scheduling challenges have the opportunity to attend board meetings remotely.
The Budget & Policy Center is looking to bring on four new board members to serve three-year terms beginning in July 2020.
Please email a brief letter of interest (1 page or less) explaining why you are interested in joining the Budget & Policy Center board and your resume to [email protected].
If you have any questions, please contact Executive Director Misha Werschkul at [email protected].
NEW application deadline: May 31, 2020.