Help build a more just and equitable Washington state.
Join our Board of Directors.
The Washington State Budget & Policy Center is a nonpartisan research organization that promotes common-sense policies to advance the well-being of Washingtonians. Through sound research, strategic communications, and broad community partnerships, we push for public investments in the building blocks of a strong economy–including excellent schools, living-wage jobs, and healthy communities.
In the midst of the COVID-19 public health crisis, the Budget & Policy Center is working on a proactive policy agenda to fund economic stimulus and preserve public services, as much more is needed to support people’s economic security and well-being in the coming months and years.
The board of directors is seeking new members who are:
- Passionate about the Budget & Policy Center’s mission of advancing the well-being of Washington communities and improving the economic security and social opportunity of all in the state;
- Excited to join a dynamic team with a collaborative, transparent, and inclusive organizational culture;
- Committed to integrating racial equity in policy decisions;
- Willing to help with fundraising and to build a culture of philanthropy;
- Willing to engage in our communication efforts to enhance the public profile and work of the Center; and
- Advocates at heart who are ready roll up their sleeves and engage in the work.
We are especially interested in candidates who exemplify any of the following:
- Live outside the Puget Sound region;
- Come from diverse backgrounds, particularly from communities historically marginalized in state budget decisions. We are particularly interested in folks who are willing to convene conversations with those communities;
- Have fundraising or philanthropy experience and/or
- Are from student cohorts or are relatively early in their career.
The Budget & Policy Center is looking to bring on three or four new board members to serve three-year terms beginning in September 2022. Our board meets bi-monthly for two- and half-hour virtual meetings, and all board members are expected to participate in at least one standing or ad-hoc board committee.
To apply, please email a brief letter of interest (1 page or less) explaining why you are excited to join the Budget & Policy Center board and your resume to [email protected].
If you have any questions, please contact Development Manager Madeleine Krass at [email protected].
Application deadline: June 30, 2022.