The path to a thriving state economy begins by ensuring we have a just and inclusive society in which everyone can participate and reach their full potential.
Our 2020 legislative agenda outlines our priorities for building prosperity and advancing equity. Our top priorities are:
- Modernizing and expanding the Working Families Tax Credit to boost the incomes of approximately one million Washington households.
- Supporting families in meeting basic needs by restoring funding for WorkFirst/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and fixing policies that are harming children and families who are homeless and dealing with mental health challenges
- Putting all young children on a path to a bright future by laying the groundwork for creating a Child Savings Account program in Washington.
- Investing in affordable, high-quality early learning by supporting the workforce, addressing infrastructure needs, and expanding access to Working Connections Child Care and the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program.
- Closing the tax break on capital gains to balance the tax code and ensure the wealthiest pay their share.