The path to a thriving state economy begins by ensuring we have a just and inclusive society in which everyone can participate and reach their full potential.
Our 2019 legislative agenda outlines our priorities for building prosperity and advancing equity. Our top priorities are:
- Modernizing and expanding the Working Families Tax Credit to boost the incomes of nearly one million hardworking Washington families.
- Supporting families in meeting basic needs by reinvesting in Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and the Housing and Essential Needs program.
- Putting postsecondary education within reach by starting a statewide Child Savings Account program that helps kids save for college.
- Investing in affordable, high-quality early learning by supporting the workforce, addressing infrastructure needs, and expanding access to Working Connections Child Care and the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program.
- Closing the tax break on capital gains to balance the tax code and ensure the wealthiest pay their share.